Facebook is a great way to engage and communicate with your school’s audience and can be a fantastic partner to your school website.
An incredible 2 billion users log on every single day with an amazing 147,000 images uploaded and 57,000 links shared every second! (source).
To stand out on Facebook and keep your parents engaging with your Facebook page can be a little intimidating at first.
The key to a successful school Facebook page is to create a variety of content that showcases your school and keeps parents up to date on recent events.
In order to help we have created a list of 50 things you could add to your school Facebook page.
School photography does not just need to be pro shots. Sometimes the best shots are the ad hoc ones.
- School photo of the day
- Child of the day
- Updated pictures of your classes
- School assembly
- School on a sunny day
- School trips
- Morning drop-off
- Sporting events
- Performing arts events
- Food at lunch
- Staff members at work
- Backstage during a performance
- Old pics from the school archives
- Student artwork
- Children engaging with teachers
A 30 second video can capture a moment much better than a handful of photos. Again it does not need to be pro quality. Most smartphones are more than capable. One of your clients – Two Mile Ash School take this to the next level and really show what can be achieved with some creativity and a real passion for video in schools. Take a look at their Youtube channel to really get inspired.
- A day in the life from student perspective
- A day in the life from teacher perspective
- Special announcements
- Sporting/Performance Arts
- School trips
- Breaktimes/Children at play
- Video tour of the school
- Year 6 leavers memories
- Latest school news
- Student interviews
- Teacher interviews
- Message from the headteacher
Use your school Facebook page as a resource for school information that your Facebook users might not see posted other places. This is also a great way to make them aware of your other social media channels.
- Recent schools news
- Random sections of the official school website
- Sports schedules
- Lunch menu
- Parent information
- Interesting student assignments
- Alumni events
- Alumni news
- Important tweets
- Blog posts
- School news reported in the local newspaper
- Local news related to the community
- Local current events
- Local educational information
- Information from the local public library
- Information from local magazines
- Local council information
- National educational issues
- Educational articles from national news sources
- Information from national educational organizations
- Questions from educational forums
We provide a range of services for schools including School Website Design, School Logo Design, Prospectus Design and School Photography
I hope you found this article useful and if you have any questions you can call us on 01604 581042 or contact us.